What is Dance Competition Team?
A Dance Competition Team is a team with two or more dancers who desire to work together and complete a common goal.
As the dancers practice, they will develop skills that will help them even in their future. Competition is not just about winning a trophy or medal. At DanzStar, we ensure the dancers grow in morals, maturity, integrity, love, and unity.
As a team, it is important to be unified and serve the community. The team will also be serving the community by feeding the homeless, dancing in the community, and be a help to their generation who may be in a need.
Parents, you will be able to see your hard work being paid off as your child grow and join a new family of dancers who have the same interests as your child.
How to get started?
1. Enroll in at least one technique class during the week
2. Fill out an informational questionnaire about your interest in Competition Team
3. Join your first practice with evaluation of your skills and talents
( Ages 5 – 18 )
Junior Performance Group Practice : Saturday at 11:45am – 1:30pm
Senior Performance Group Practice: Saturday at 1:30pm – 3pm
Competition Schedule 2020
Star Talent – Norfolk, VA April 4 -5
L Douglas Wilder Performing Arts Center
700 Park Ave Norfolk, VA 23504
Elite Performance Challenge – Woodbridge, VA April 17-19
Churchland High School
4301 Cedar Lane, Portsmouth, VA 23703
The Power of Dance – Virginia Beach, VA May 15 – 17
- National Championship -Tap Duo “It Don’t Mean a Thing” at “The Power of Dance” in Schnectady, NY June 30, 2019 – Leani T. and Akweilli B.
- Judges Award – Ballet Solo “Look up Child” at “The Power of Dance” Nationals in Schenectady, NY June 30, 2019 – Leani T.